Vocational training for underprivileged youth of Sabah and Sarawak
MONTFORT YOUTH TRAINING CENTRE (MYTC)
- The MYTC aims to develop youth to their full potential.
- Their programme includes providing training for youths to be:
- motor vehicle mechanics,
- shielded metal arc welders,
- refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
- furniture makers.Their programme includes providing training for youths to be:
- MYTC’s two-year residential programme teaches living skills and is tailored to instill discipline, guidance, spiritual formation, soft skills and leadership skills. Our challenge is to cultivate the importance of good attitudes and positive traits which will sustain them as resourceful persons for their families, communities and society.
- To find out more, visit their website: www.montfortsabah.org
Rural Education Service
YAYASAN LASALLIAN KUCHING (YLK)
- Its vision is to empower the poor and disadvantaged children through a holistic and meaningful education. To achieve this, YLK set up tuition and special learning centres for all who need them; irrespective of race and religion.
- YLK hopes to play a part in achieving the nation’s agenda of bridging the rural-urban divide in education.
- Current tuition centres are located in:
- Bau: Sibuluh; Singai; Apar; Stass; Skibang
- Kuching: Stutong; St Joseph’s School; BDC
- To find out more, visit their website: www.ylk.org.my
ST JOSEPH’S PARISH TUITION CENTRE
“Effective, quality, affordable Tutoring”
- Tuition offered for:
- Primary Level: BM, English, Maths, Science
- Secondary Level: BM, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Science, History, Maths, Additional Maths.
- Price ranges from RM 40-60 per subject per month
- To find out more, visit the WEBPAGE