Burial Service in the Archdiocese of Kuching
- When a death occurs, inform your Parish Priest or Parish Office to arrange for a date and time for Requiem Mass and burial.
- Inform the Catholic Cemetery Committee:
- for allocation of a burial plot (if no prior booking has been made).
- to prepare the plot for burial at the appropriate date and time.
- Contact the Catholic Mutual Benefit Society for services such as purchase of casket, transport and pallbearers. However, the bereaved family can also make their own arrangements.
- If the use of the funeral parlour is needed, bookings can be made at the Parish Office of St Joseph (082-423424).
||Click here for contact nos. of various parish offices
|Catholic Cemetery Committee
118, Jalan Tun Abang Haji Openg
|Catholic Mutual Benefit Society
||No 2 Jalan Taman Budaya
|For Memorial Monuments:
||(Only contractors registered with the Catholic Cemetery Committee are authorised to erect memorial monuments in the Catholic Cemetery)
- Sim Orchid Memorial Contractor (David Sim)
Tel: 082-426113, 019-8182923
- Hui Huang Construction (Albert Sim Soon Chai)
Tel: 082-450481, 019-8875687
- Simon Sim See Huat
Tel: 082-617616, 013-8117616
The bereaved family can enquire from the office/person in-charge for details pertaining to costs for various burial services and the burial plot.