We are God’s children … who journey with the youth … in experiencing His love … leading to serving Him through His Church and His creation.
And our mission is to fulfil the following…
- To lead our youth to a life of prayer and personal relationship with Jesus
- To advocate to our youth the appreciation and application of the Word of God in their daily lives.
- To serve the youth by organizing and coordinating with them programs and events intended to deepen their Christian faith and commitment.
- To operate as a platform that provides pastoral care for the youth in the archdiocese.
- To offer resources, both human and material, for youth formation and outreach programs.
- To recruit, train and support young servant-leaders in discerning and in following their vocation and in fulfilling their mission to reach out to others with pastoral charity and zeal.
- To educate the young, to raise their awareness and to lead them to involvement on current relevant issues and realities.
- To promote communion among the Catholic youth and harmonious relationship with their non-Catholic brothers and sisters.
- To provide networking among the Catholic youth, especially those in higher institutions of learning, both local (all throughout Malaysia) and global.
- To facilitate the pastoral, personal and professional growth of all its staff.
We do our Youth Ministry in the following sectors:
- Young people in PARISHES/CHAPELS through the different Parish Youth Ministries (PYM)
- Young people in SECONDARY SCHOOLS through the Kuching Young Christian Students (KYCS)
- Young people in TERTIARY SCHOOLS through the Kuching Campus Ministry (KCM)
- YOUNG ADULTS through the Kuching Young Adults Ministry (KYAM)
Last update: 28 May 2020